Your Money Game Plan
- This workshop will help you identify key areas of your financial life to focus on and improve. You will understand the causes of common money mistakes, and leave with an action plan to help you achieve financial wellness.
- Key points: 1) What are the four factors of financial health? 2) Ten common money mistakes we need to avoid. 3) How to create financial goals using the S.M.A.R.T. technique.
Ten Steps to a Better Budget
- Understand the importance of creating a home budget (or spending plan). Through budgeting, you will clearly see how your money is being spent, which will help you avoid or get out of debt. You'll leave this workshop with a first draft of a trackable home budget.
- Key points: 1) The importance of a home budget. 2) Budgeting examples, tools and templates. 3) Tips on how to increase income and reduce expenses.
- Having a clear plan for both short- and long-term savings is an essential part of building your finances. This workshop will provide the fundamentals of how to get started with a savings strategy, tips to build and sustain your accounts, and the basics of personal investing and saving for retirement.
- Key points: 1) Three core strategies of personal savings accounts. 2) Understanding investing options (401Ks, IRAs, bonds, mutual funds). 3) The basics of Social Security.
Dealing with Debt
- Excessive high-interest credit card debt can derail even the best laid financial plans, so it's important to understand your options and commit to a strategy that positions you on the path to becoming debt free. This workshop will cover the options available, provide valuable tools and help you understand how to compare the pros and cons of each approach.
- Key points: 1) Debt Snowball, Debt Management, Debt Settlement, Debt Consolidation. 2) On-your-own approaches vs. receiving assistance
How to Overcome Financial Challenges: From Mindset to Action
The year 2020 has presented many challenges for people, one of which is financial. Financial problems are one of the most common sources of stress, and if you or a loved one has experienced some stress in this area this year, you are not alone. This workshop will first examine the importance of changing how you think about money, and how we can create real-life habits we can use every day. Even small steps add up to big changes! Second, we’ll focus on the current economic environment and tangible actions we can and should take to position ourselves for success heading into 2021. With changes in perspective and a clear action plan, you can take control of your finances for good!