UMCU offers a wide range a services to fit your needs. In addition to the tabbed areas, UMCU offers:
- Cashier's Checks - suitable for times when a personal check is not acceptable, such as real estate closings, automobile purchases, apartment deposits, etc. Cashier's checks are guaranteed and are available at all branch locations.
- Notary Public - signatures are notarized to protect against document fraud, certify that the signature is genuine and was made willingly and freely. Notary Public is available at all branch locations. If possible, call ahead to verify that a Notary will be there when you are visiting.
- Signature Services - through this service, the credit union is pledging that a signature is genuine. We can guarantee signatures on values up to $500,000. Signature Service is available at all
branch locations The cost is $5.00 and no appointment is necessary.
U.S. Savings Bonds
Planning to buy a savings bond?
Paper savings bonds will no longer be sold at financial institutions after December 31, 2011. But they’re not going away — electronic savings bonds can be purchased online through TreasuryDirect.
Already have paper savings bonds?
Existing paper bonds are still valid and will earn interest for 30 years from the issue date or until redeemed. You can continue to cash savings bonds at any UMCU branch office.
Open a free TreasuryDirect account today. With TreasuryDirect, you can safely and securely:
- Buy, manage and redeem electronic savings bonds
- Convert paper savings bonds to electronic
- Purchase electronic savings bonds as gifts
- Purchase other Treasury securities, including bills, notes, bonds and TIPS (Treasury Inflation- Protected Securities)
- ….and much more!
Stop worrying about misplacing or storing paper savings bonds, and start managing your savings online, anytime, through TreasuryDirect. Learn more or sign up today at www.treasurydirect.gov.
TreasuryDirect is a registered mark of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.