Membership Has Its Advantages
University of Michigan Credit Union is ready to serve you with the best service and rates around. We offer a wide range of financial services, all to designed to help you meet your financial needs.
- Financial Counseling
- And much more!
Join University of Michigan Credit Union today and start taking advantage of everything we have to offer.
University of Michigan Credit Union (UMCU) is a not-for-profit institution ready to serve you. We believe in the credit union philosophy of “people helping people.” We do this with a variety of products and services, including:
- Checking and savings accounts, loans, credit cards, check cards, and more;
- Providing affordable credit to members;
- Offering competitive rates and access to fewer/no fees;
- Free budget counseling;
- Special services such as free budget counseling, educational seminars,and more;
- Member discounts on goods and services such insurance, legal advice, General Motors, Sprint phone service, and more;
- Multiple branch and ATM locations as well as membership in the CO-OP Network, giving our members free access to over 5,000 shared branches and 30,000 ATMs nationwide.
These are just some of the benefits you’ll receive as a UMCU member. Join today and discover the credit union difference.
Membership - Who Can Join
In addition to the identification listed below for each membership group, a prospective member needs to present a valid driver's license, a valid state identification card, or a valid passport.
We welcome international students and request you complete a W-8 when you open a new membership. Click here to print the W-8.
Click here to search and see if your company is in our member groups.
Note: Once you join the credit union, you may retain your UMCU membership for life even if your student or employment status changes.
Important Information About Procedures For Opening A New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.