About the University of Michigan Credit Union
As a member owned, not-for-profit cooperative, the University of Michigan Credit Union is locally focused and fully connected to our members, the University and the community. Established in 1954, our mission is to provide quality financial services that meet the present and future financial needs of our member owners. With six offices in Ann Arbor, a branch in Ypsilanti and a branch in Dearborn (office locations and hours), we are here to serve your financial needs.
To learn how you can open your account today, click here.
University of Michigan Credit Union cares about its members, their families and the communities in which they live. We are committed to actively sponsoring events and causes that enhance the quality of life for our community and campuses. From volunteerism, to campus and community sponsorships, we strive to make a difference everyday.
University of Michigan Credit Union considers requests for sponsorships and contributions from individuals, groups and organizations in our designated market area of Genesee, Livingston, Washtenaw and Wayne counties. UMCU also considers requests for in-kind contributions, such as donations of premiums for organizations that meet the criteria. Additionally, in an effort to be a corporate neighbor and create awareness of UMCU in the community, UMCU will actively seek sponsorship of various community events.
UMCU may contribute to/sponsor and/or encourage and support its employee involvement in community and civic groups that address the following criteria:
- Safety, health/wellness and human services
- Community/Civic organizations
- Economic Development
- Environmental causes
- Arts, culture and humanities
UMCU will not contribute to or sponsor:
- Political campaigns/parties
- Religious organizations
- Non-university social organizations
- Trips, travel or cultural exchange programs
- Organizations/events that discriminate against any persons or organization with respect to their race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, gender, height, weight, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Guidelines for Sponsorships
The following additional guidelines will be considered when evaluating sponsorship requests:
- The event should be related to groups eligible for UMCU membership.
- The event should provide positive visibility for UMCU.
- The event should reinforce UMCU’s image as a good corporate neighbor.
- Priority will be given to a sponsorship that provides some type of member benefit, such as reduced admission to the event.
- Priority will be given to sponsorships that allow UMCU employee participation.
Guideline for Contributions
Priority will be given to contribution requests that support the credit union movement through a recognized credit union organization.
Application and Processing of Requests
All requests for contributions/sponsorships need to be submitted in writing to the University of Michigan Credit Union, c/o the Marketing Department at PO Box 7850, Ann Arbor, MI 48105. It is recommended that requests be submitted at the end of each year.
- Name, address and phone number of contact person
- Purpose and mission of group requesting funds
- Type of contribution expected
- Description on how the funds will be used
- Description of what kind of recognition or benefit that UMCU will receive (advertising, announcements at event, banners, tickets, etc.)